Reed Diffuser Safety
Reed Diffuser is a nice piece of item that can create a temporary gentle aroma and fulfil your home with incredible scents. Even though reed diffusers are relatively carefree and don’t pose a significant fire or electrical risk, they will still need to be used with respect and caution.
ARE ESSENTIAL OIL DIFFUSERS SAFE
Generally speaking, essential oil reed diffusers are as safe as fragrance oil reed diffusers. The only difference is different source smell. We have a whole article where we bust most common myths about essential oils and products made with them, read it here: 5 Most Common Myths About Essential Oils.
To be able to enjoy essential oil reed diffusers safely, please read the instructions below.
REED DIFFUSER SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
Do not light the diffuser reeds
Diffuser reeds passively diffuse the scent into the room, so no flame is needed. Also, this poses a fire risk.
Keep reed diffuser out of the reach of children and pets
Do not place reed diffusers where children and pets can reach or knock them over.
Do not ingest diffuser liquid
The liquid may be harmful if swallowed or if it enters the airways. This product can be dangerous or fatal if swallowed or inhaled.
Use gloves when handling used diffuser oil sticks
Diffuser liquid may cause an allergic skin reaction. This product can be harmful or fatal if absorbed through the skin.
Diffuser liquid may damage some surfaces
Ensure you wipe any residual oil from the bottom of the bottle before placing it on a protected, level surface.